Out

Saturday 12 June 2010 by Margot
Photobucket

I’m too lazy to seriously blog today; I don’t have much to say either. I’ve been so bored lately. I’m getting seriously fed up of the exams. On Tuesday, it will be over… for a month, then we start again. But still, I’ve got that one month; have to think about it to not go crazy.

Alright, I’m going to free write again because um… I want to? So let’s see what’s going through my mind: South Korea, Alejandro, sun, elections and food. Wow, so original isn’t it not?

Let’s start with the South Korea part. I never watch TV, let alone follow football and this time is no change: I got the news of their victory from Anh through the internet. You might find this pathetic and I fully agree. Cheers! But back to the subject: South Korea won the football match and I could hear the supporters singing the Korea Shouting song in the streets all the way from Seoul. Well, actually, I couldn’t but it’s a nice image. Their cheer song is extremely cheesy by the way but most of them are after all. They got three bonus points in theirs: world champion figure skater Kim Yuna, Asian superstars Big Bang and last but not least, TOP sings in it. Yup, you read that right. Here it is if you’re curious and haven’t seen it yet.

Which leads me to ask myself why on earth is Shakira singing the official World Cup song? Shouldn’t it be a South African singer? I know I would have preferred it to be so. There really is no reason why a Columbian mega star should take the spotlight. I’m confused.

I missed the opening yesterday because I fell asleep. It’s my TV abstinence that pushed me into slumber, don’t blame me. I think Brazil, Italy or Portugal will win the tournament but that’s just my intuition, I repeat again, I never really follow football. I think the only game I got really interested in was the Italy-France final a few years ago. I was at my caravan in Saint Tropez with my friend Marta, a Portuguese girl who’s crazy about football. We just had to go to some local restaurant to catch the final and it was really fun because she knew everything about the game and was explaining stuff for me so I could follow. We were both rooting for Italy in the middle of the provincial French restaurant and getting angry stares behind our backs. Everybody was glaring whenever we cheered Italy on. It was really fun. Anyways, Italy won and we celebrated on the beach in the dark, two lonely figures being happy while the gloom of defeat was taking over the city. No, I’m lying; there was some crazy teen running up and down the beach screaming “Italieeee! Italieeeee! Italieeeee!” which was seriously pissing off his friends. It was sarcasm, of course, which just made me grin even more. Wonder who’ll win this year…

Topic two: Lady Gaga’s promotional video for her song Alejandro has finally come out! And once again, it's raunchy, relentless and 8 minutes long. You just never get bored with her. It was like a bunch of gay Nazis prancing around a weird Madonna-wannabe with boob guns mixed with shitty pop music and bad French accents. Ultimately, stupid, if you ask me. I think she rips off quite a few artists and uses sex to captivate people but I don’t really mind. At east the girl knows how to entertain and sing simultaneously. It’s pretty rare nowadays. I’ll let you decide of what she’s worth yourselves with the video right here.

The sun is out and I’ve been stuck at home the whole day with a Political Economics syllabus. I’m going crazy right now and need to do some shopping.

If you’re still hanging in there, reading this entry, I must now take a break from my keyboard to clap. I’m under the impression that I’m being particularly boring today.

Tomorrow are the Belgian elections and I have no idea who to vote for and sincerely, I’m not sure it’ll make a difference. They call it a democracy but it always ends up to be a pride fight in the end. You tell me.

I’ll stop here because I’m fed up of writing and my mum should be back from my aunt Danièle’s house soon to have dinner and I’ve been silent for the last ten minutes on my conversation on MSN with Philippe. So yeah, tata folks, have fun.

And I don’t know what song to play for you all so I’m going to ask Philippe.



Listen to: The Offspring – Pretty Fly For A White Guy

PS: Such an unstructured entry, I didn’t even reread; it gives me a keyboard itch
Posted in | 0 Comments »

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment