Nothing

Wednesday 16 June 2010 by Margot
Photobucket

I have just spent the most boring first day of holiday of my life. I woke up early as usual this morning but managed to laze in bed until 9:30 which is pretty unusual for me. Lucky I did so though because otherwise this day would have been even longer than it already was. I logged in my computer to win an auction on eBay then asked my mum if she wanted to do something together today as I specially reserved this day to be with her as I would be busy with my own stuff in the following weeks. She said that sure, we could do something together, just that she had to get her nails done for my cousin’s upcoming marriage first. I lazed around during the first part of the day and just went out to get some pampering material and a sketch book. When I came back, we eat. Then, as she wanted to wash, I did my own toenails, waiting for her to finish so we could go down to town to the English bookshop together. She went out for a walk on her own, leaving me alone at home with my wet nails. She came back saying that my aunt Danièle was going to pass by to give her the address of the shop where we had to pick up the tailored suit for my Papy (granddad on my Dad’s side, his real name is Jacques, if you’re wondering). So, I was like sure, at what time? She didn’t know so I told her to call up my aunt at the hairdresser’s so we could know when we should be home for her. But, of course, my mum didn’t want to pick up the phone. We watched TV together but she tells me how to spell hippopotamus her own way during half of the Nature program. H-i-p-p-a-t-o-o-m-u-s. I got fed up because I couldn’t follow anything and let her watch her tennis while I took a nap. During that nap, she starts rearranging all the beauty products in the bathroom (right next to my room), brushes my room’s carpet and vacuuming. She couldn’t think of doing that stuff before? Normally she’s glued to her tennis and won’t get up from the sofa but no, this time, she has to make a ruckus just when I decide to sleep. I wake up grumpy as hell when she knocks on my room door accompanied by my aunt. I look like a mammoth just sat on me on my bed. I’m pissed off I spent the whole first day of holiday stuck at home painting my toenails. I try to small talk with her, to calm my nerves but she doesn’t get half my jokes which just make me feel more frustrated. Well, she did get that I was joking when I asked her how on earth our dog could hand in his passport on his own if he took the plane by himself but that’s pretty much it. The other half of the time she would stop me in mid sentence to say that the kitchen wall isn’t clean and rush over to it with her sponge. I would change room for three minutes and when I come back, all my stuff is back in the cupboard or folded when I was still using the sweater or music player. I can’t find half my stuff. Out of the blue she has decided to take over the living room of our one room apartment when I’m the one who’s been sleeping there for the past month. This isn’t her greatest idea as she snores and I can hear everything from my room. And now, the computer (oh, my computer, let’s not talk about it) and the TV are in the same room so the sounds mix up and that’s just one thing I can’t stand. I sometimes wonder about how she thinks. I’m ranting, I know. I’m sorry. I still love my mama but there are times she just drives me up the walls.

I was invited to a bar tonight in town but I’m not going because my sister is arriving at the airport early tomorrow morning so really, I’ve done nothing of my day and I’m currently on edge because of it. I’m hating this. I hope tomorrow is better. Must be, Odile will be back in town.

I’m leaving you with this fabulous portrait Marie G did of me two years ago while trying to guess my origins (Angelina Jolie, transgenic corn and a fly are included in the family tree). It’s just so much more interesting then anything that happened today.



Listen To: Ben L'Oncle Soul – Seven Nation Army

PS: believe or not, my computer shut down on me twice while writing this. It isn’t my day today. I need some Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream.
Posted in | 0 Comments »

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment